Tuesday 19 October 2010

Italeri 1/72 US Airborne

First four done. I'm hoping to put on an Airborne wargame in December so painting many Airborne, British/Polish and American. I have the Airfix Horsa glider on order from Airfix through cashing in my Airfix Flying Hours tokens. I'm torn between using Rapid Fire rules or making some smaller scale rules from the Toy Soldier set? Have some ideas about rules for making the 'drop' itself that will add a lot of weather dependant uncertainty to it. Need to paint up some Fresh Germans too. I've been using quite small bases as with the Nam figures I have been doing, Italeri figures lend themselves well to this and it means they look good but can be crammed into small spaces for skirmishing in dug outs, buildings etc.

2 comments:

  1. Very attractive painting! Kudo's

    There's still a lot to be said for 1/72nd.


    -Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ross! I have just bought the new American's in winter gear from Italeri and they are quite good, but only 36 figs in the box and few poses (recession?) I heard that they may release them in 1/32 too. Fingers crossed as there is a machine gunner pose in there that is awsome! Can't beat the smaller men for wargaming though.

    ReplyDelete