Monday 27 August 2012

Very first base of 28mm Napoleonics done!

I have been wanting to begin making some big armies for a while and Napoleonics seemed an obvious choice. I was drawn in by the new Perry Prussians in greatcoats as they seemed an easy painting option to begin the collection with. I also have the Napoleon and Black Powder rules as well as Neil Thomas' Napoleonic Wargaming, though this lends itself better to smaller units of 4 bases each of Dbx style basing.

I decided to go with the more modern 40mm x 40mm base sizes for infantry and 50mm x 50mm for cavalry, when I get some.

I don't expect to have these finished anytime soon and as I'm aiming for as much metal as possible its going to be a big financial commitment but hopefully worth it in the end.

So, here is the first base done.

No comments:

Post a Comment